The Krishi Vigyan Kendra is a district level Farm Science Center established by
the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi. The aim of Krishi
Vigyan Kendra is to reduce the time lag between Generation of technology at the
research institutions and it's transfer to the farmer's field for increasing production,
productivity and income from the agriculture and allied sectors on a sustained basis.
In order to achieve this goal, four mandates have been envisaged in the design of
the Krishi Vigyan Kendra.
Aims and Objectives
- To demonstrate the latest agricultural Technologies to the farmers as well as the
extension workers of the state Department of agriculture/Non-Governmental organization
with a view to reduce the time lag between the Technologies generation and it's
- To test and verify the Technologies in the socio economic condition of the farmers
and identifying the production constraints
- To get first hand scientific feed back from the fields and passing it to the research
system in order to keep the scientist abreast with the performance of the technologies
and the farming problems, so that they re -orient their research, education and
training programmes accordingly.
- To impart training to the farmers, farmwomen, rural youth and field level extension
functionaries by following the principles of "teaching by doing" and "learning by
- To provide training and communication support to the line department of the state/NGOs.
- To develop extension models to be adopted by general extension system for large